FAQTake a site walkthrough, and get your Qs removed.
How to Use the Site
The Global Membership is divided into 7 main sections:
- Community Calls
- Community Directory
- Resource Library
Here’s a walkthrough of the basic parts in each section, and how to engage with them:
The “Home” page is your starting base. Every Monday, a new challenge will be posted on the page, with “mild”, “medium”, or “spicy” options. You can suggest your own challenges using the drop-down form. On the Home page you can also view Site News, a selection of photos, and a quote that changes weekly.
Calls are the live interaction feature of the Global Membership. You get exclusive access to a monthly Q&A call with Decker, founder of Authentic World. You’ll also get monthly mastermind calls, Circling Nights, Circling Labs, online Games Nights, and….who knows? Give us your input in the Forum or Facebook Group on how you’d like to engage, and who/what you’d like to see!
- Upcoming Events – A list of events each month, importable to your Google calendar. Click on the event page to RSVP as a participant or sign up to facilitate at a lab.
- Recordings – All past events, aside from Games Nights, Circling Nights, and labs, will be posted here. Watch at your leisure!
How to attend an event
The Community Directory has 3 sections:
- Communities Map: Lists all active Authentic Relating and Circling communities worldwide. Click on a pin on the map, and you’ll see a short description of the group. Click “More” and it will take you to their website. If you’re traveling somewhere, be sure to look up local community! If we’re missing your community, you can let us know on the page’s contact form and we’ll add you in.
- Members Map: For one-on-one navigation. Fill out the form at the bottom of the page to add yourself onto the map, either as a community member, community organizer, or community seeker. Then use the members list to find the organizer of a community you’re visiting, or people in your area who are seeking a group nearby!
- Members: This page lists all members currently on the Authentic World site.
The Resource Library has 5 parts:
- Games: A full compendium of Authentic Relating Games, sortable by name, theme, time to play, and number of people involved. You can upvote your favorite games, and leave a comment, story, or proposed variation in the comments on any page.
- Game Plans: Tested, tried-and-true flows for Authentic Relating Games events of different lengths and themes. These plans have been collected from facilitators of communities worldwide. If you’re ever put on the spot to lead an event, give one of these a try.
- Sentence Stems: A list of question stems sortable by theme. Try these at your next game night, social outing, or family meal!
- The Library: Videos, articles, links, and manuals to deepen your Authentic practice. Start with the features at the top of the page, and then follow your interests, or submit a resource of your own in the form at the bottom of the page.
The Engagement section has 2 parts:
- Forum: This is your home for questions, discussions, and peer learning. Feel free to start topics you’re curious about, or respond to ones that interest you. The more you engage with others, the more they’re likely to engage with you, so jump into a discussion and get real.
- Facebook: What membership site would be complete without social media? If you want to engage with other members on a more informal basis, post your success or trouble with the weekly challenges, share insights about community leadership, or ask a one-time question, this group is the place to go. Better yet, your membership on the Authentic World Facebook group will last indefinitely, even if you leave the platform. We only ask that you do not post events here. Many of us run workshops, and given the worldwide nature of this platform, we don’t want the group to be overrun with local or topical events. If you want to connect with other people in your area, please do that on a one-to-one basis. However, if you want to host a call or online event to deeper explore a topic related to the platform, you’re welcome to contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be in touch!
This page! We’ll keep it regularly updated and live indefinitely. If you ever feel lost, just visit us here. The FAQ will also include a contact form, a basic history of Authentic Relating and Circling, and a glossary of common terms.
Your personal page. Here you can:
- Update your location
- Add a photo
- Let others know a bit about you
- Relate your history with Authentic Relating
- Create or join a group for your community
- See friends and messages
- View your history on the site
- Earn badges and achievements for your work in community, learning, or on the site.
How can I help?
On this site, there will be things we forget to say. There will be sections that feel incomplete, that seem confusing, that could be prettier, that are great but you have ideas for making them better. This platform languished for years as a good idea, and then we built it in one month. There’s a more to do. We need your help to launch this dream of having an online home for Authentic Relating.
To start with, here are 3 actions you can take:
Go through the site and leave us suggestions for what could be improved. Engage with the site Let us know what features you want down the road
Go through the site and leave us suggestions for what could be improved.
Engage with the site
Let us know what features you want down the road
What if I need to cancel?
Who are you, and why did you build this thing?
The global membership is a collaboration between Sara Ness and Robert MacNaughton, with tech built by Jason Lange. It was created for the Integral Center, as a way to unify the global communities, and hopefully to help eliminate a lot of the redundancy formed having no consistent way to talk with each other. We wanted a common forum of interaction to solve common problems, introduce AR to new people in areas that might not yet have Games or Circling, and uplevel our own skills. Robert had the project on his backburner for years. Sara already had many of the pieces built, such as a community map and games manual. Jason is a wizard of WordPress. The rest is current history.